List of top things I loved about my trip to Italy:
1. Driving stick shift in Tuscany. We rented a car in Florence and drove it to Montepulciano. I was very nervous the morning we picked up the car because I hadn't driven stick since law school, and even then, I wasn't good at all. But, after one loop in the Hertz parking lot, I was ready to go, and somehow we made it to our destination without any accidents.
2. Teaching N to drive stick in Tuscany. How cool is that?
3. Eating dinner by candlelight in the middle of a courtyard in Venice. It was absolutely gorgeous and romantic, not to mention the meal was damn good.
4. Drinking at least a bottle of local wine a day.
5. Swimming in the thermal baths near Montepulciano after having picnicked on cheese and prosciutto and a bottle of wine (are you catching on to the theme of wine?).
6. Seeing N's face when I got off that plane in Milan. I can't remember the last time I missed someone so much. Oh wait, I may have missed Steve that much while I was in Italy!
Pics to come but I don't know when. They are on N's computer right now. Just have to get home from work early enough to load them up.