Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Today was the second time I cried at work. First time was when I found out MMG had cancer. But today, I cried. Because of the nature of my work, I can't get into specifics (sounds like I work for the CIA...don't get excited, I don't) but let's just say I got emotionally invested in a case, and my client was found guilty. I held it in until for about an hour and then I cried. I'm questioning whether I'm cut out for this. Real estate is much more safe. Even estate planning. Dead people don't come back and yell at you for giving their son and not their daughter some ugly painting. But criminal law - damn, especially when you're client is innocent. That's when it gets tough. It's easier if you have guilty clients, cause you work your hardest to make sure the system doesn't screw them. But when they're innocent...I need to make sure I don't get emotionally invested, and attached, and all that bullshit. I'm looking forward to the day when I have 10 years of experience behind me. That'll be the day when I won't come back from court and feel like crumbling into a puddle of tears.

No comments: