Sunday, July 05, 2009

I've been debating whether or not to keep this blog going. Why do I have a blog? I know it's not because I think anyone really cares what I have to say. And I don't mean to sound self-deprecating, really. It's just that compared to other blogs in the blogosphere, mine is not very interesting. I just write about what going on in my life. I don't start debates about the state of affairs in Iran, or my view on how the media is responding to Michael Jackson's death, or the meaning of Independence Day. The topics I cover on this blog are all about me, my life, my passions, my interests. But why would I think that anyone would want to read them? And even then, I'm nervous to write about topics that are too personal, such as my marriage and partner, or my relationship with my mother or any other family member for that matter. So, is there really a point to keeping this up? I might as well just write in a journal.

I haven't made my final decision, but this post should give you some idea as to which way I am leaning.

No comments: