Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Getting ready to leave for a while for the wedding. Good times, I'm sure. We've been packing and getting the house ready for JC while she watches our home and dog and garden.

Last night we were attacked by one ass mother fucking huge bee/wasp/hornet/whatever flying insect in our kitchen. N went nuts and cleaned the entire kitchen with bleach and words such as "FUCK" and "SHIT." Seriously, every time he found a few drops of the Raid Spray, he yelled like the world was going to explode in one millisecond. Then when I addressed this instance of rage, he's like "What? What's the matter?" I think he was mostly upset that the Raid smelled like roses.

Anyhow, I'll be gone from Charlottesville for a few days. While I am excited for the weekend, seeing N's family and friends, I am also a homebody and love to stay home and do stuff around the house and spend time with projects just for me. I often feel I don't get the time to do that. I also have this thing about waking up in my own bed. I spent the last 3 years living out of a suitcase, since almost every weekend I was travelling. And though the whole point of moving down here was to cut the travelling out of my life, we travel almost as much, with seeing my MMG and N's parents.

Oh, and if MMG brings up anything resembling the word "Ring" I will seriously go ape-shit. And the great thing is that I told her that. Seriously people. If one more person asks me - and I know I'll be inundated with that question this weekend - I might burst into tears. Cause I really don't have control over it. And I am happy and that's all that matters. N and I love each other, we are going to get married, and having a piece of jewelry to signify it is not my purpose in life. I am tired of living with the mentality "My life will begin as soon as I pass the bar, as soon as I move to Charlottesville, as soon as I get married..." This is my life dammit and I am happy just as it is. It doesn't need to be rushed.

On another note, I am almost finished this project at work that I've been dreading for weeks. Once in a while, I get a project that I just loathe, mostly because I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. This involved someone's estate and the accounting for it, and I don't really know what I'm doing, especially since I didn't start at the beginning. I just came in and picked up where the other attorney left off, which is harder than starting in the beginning. Anyhow, as I leave for the wedding, it feels great knowing that this will be in someone else's hands. I am so glad it's done. I've been avoiding it as much as possible, but finally, I just sat down, worked my brain hard, and figured it out the best I could.

Okay, that little diatribe about work wasn't that interesting so I'm gonna stop now.

No comments: