Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The wedding weekend was beautiful. Seriously, good times with family and friends. Of course, Nat looked gorgeous, and J was full of humor and wit. I will be sure to get pics up soon. The evening before the wedding, J and V had a big party at their house for all out of town guests, but seriously, about 70 percent of those invited to the wedding showed up. And that's when it hit me - this is exactly what I want for our wedding. I just am not in the position to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars for a wedding, especially since I do not come from a family who has the funds at its disposal. But please don't get me wrong - Nat and J's wedding was absolutely gorgeous. It truly was. Especially the ceremony. When the bride circled the groom with the music in the background, it was beautiful. And the Klezmer band freaking rocked. So I know that I want a traditional Jewish ceremony and I'd love some music. But I just want everything at a house or at a restaurant. This way, N and I won't start our marriage off in debt. I also plan on doing a lot myself - like invitations, and party favors, and I probably won't buy any flowers - maybe just a bouquet - and my dress will be quite simple. Nat has already offered me the use of her veil and maybe even her dress. People, her dress was gorgeous, just so beautiful. If only...

MMG and I had a falling out on Monday, but then we fell back in yesterday. Things to do with finances and mortgages and attention towards one another and such. Being the only child of a widowed parent is not easy, especially of a parent who is still grieving the death of her husband 8 years later. She accused me of not paying enough attention to her - that she felt like she didn't have a daughter. I do the best that I can, but I don't think my best is good enough for her. Do I sound like a candidate for therapy or what?

She is in process of moving to a smaller place, and so we will be going through the painful process of letting go - letting go of physical items that she acquired when my father was alive, letting go of clothing that she's had since before I was born...she's moved quite a number of times in the past eight years and every time, we do get rid of stuff. But this time, she will be getting rid of a lot, whether she likes it or not. Cause you know who has to move it all? Yup, you guessed it. ME!

And to finish off this picture-lacking post, Steve did the cutest thing today. On any other day, it wouldn't have been cute. But since N didn't have any plans, and I was up earlier than expected, it was okay just this one time, that she rolled around in the leaves on the outskirts of the backyard, and came trotting back to the door smelling of horse poop. Seriously, she smelled rank - but at least she looked cute rolling around outside. Then the outdoor bath began and relished it for a while, so long as no water touched her face. Now she looks like a big poofy polar bear. Sweet Shenandoah Steve!

No comments: