Thursday, March 27, 2008

Relative Arrival

1. I am my mother. I hate to admit that I have the same problem of waking up in the morning. I just can't do it. Now my marriage is in jeopardy. N needs to be at class at 9 AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and I am responsible for getting him there. I lie in bed, knowing I need to wake up, and I think that the extra 5, 10 or even 15 minutes is going to make me feel more energized, more awake, more alive. Really, all I need to do is get my ass out of bed, starting walking around, and then I will feel fine. But getting my ass out of bed is the part I simply cannot do. And if only I reminded myself of all that N does in the morning to get me ready and out the door (walks the dog, makes my breakfast, lunch and coffee, etc.) that should be enough to spring me from the comforts of my pillow. Why isn't that enough? Am I selfish? Or do I just have some disorder that prevents me from waking up when required?
2. My petition for appeal was granted and now the brief is due on Tuesday. I've been at work late every night this week so I can complete it by tomorrow. The self-imposed early due date is because brother and sister are coming into town today. While I'm sure the main reason for their visit is to see us, the real main reason is because sister is giving a reading during the Festival of the Book here in Virginia. She's famous. Seriously. Just google her name. It comes up all over the place.
3. I'm in love with the idea of multiple Polaroid cameras at my wedding and guests using them ferociously. Working on getting some from craigslist.

No comments: