Friday, February 20, 2009

Progress on 101 list - Get a new bed

Last week we had our new mattress delivered. Mattresses are much more expensive than I realized. Besides buying things for the wedding (cupcakes, invitations, wedding dress, wedding rings, etc), we wanted to get a wedding present. So, we got a new mattress. Not very romantic, but let me tell you, we needed one. We've been sleeping on N's mattress from college. And it was a full-size mattress. And with three beings in one full-size bed, it gets pretty hot and crowded in there. Surprisingly, the queen size mattress gives us just enough room for all three of us to fit. Baby puppy Stevie was skeptical at this change of sleeping bedware, but she has finally come around. Now she snuggles in the new bed in the morning while I get ready for work.

Now we just have to get an actual bed. I'm thinking something from Ikea. Our mattress is on the boxspring which is on the floor. Oh, and don't get me started about getting the boxspring up the stairs. Seriously, N and I almost got divorced. But we are going to cut that thing up to get it back down. There's no way I am going through that ordeal again.

No comments: