Sunday, March 04, 2007

Didn't make it

MMG and I didn't make it to NYC today. We had the best of intentions but we must have underestimated how exhausted we were - she being tired from the chemo and me more likely to not be too eager to wake up at 6 am. Anyhow, we'll try to go soon, I'm sure.

Went to PF Chang's last night for dinner. I love the food there. I know it's a chain and all, but it's a pretty damn good chain. I love their salt and pepper calamari. Also saw Zodiac last night. I liked the story - true story of the Zodiac killer from the late 60s through the 70s. But it was too long. Almost 3 hours too long.

Gonna try to finish Natasha's socks today. I've been working on these socks for longer than I care to admit. I just want to pass them on and get started on another project. They are almost complete - I've been knitting both socks at the same time in order to avoid the one sock syndrome.

We might go and see a condo today for MMG to move into.

Looking forward to going back to Cville. I've been thinking more and more about my employment situation and am thinking of requesting health insurance and a bit of a raise. I don't want to work two jobs anymore - I don't think I should have to at this point in my life. Isn't that one of the perks of going to law school? To not have to work two jobs? We'll see if I have the balls to ask for health benefits and a raise. In my mind it seems like the most reasonable request but then I start making excuses about why I don't deserve these things. We'll see...

No comments: