Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Feeling stuffy - left nostril is clogged. Something is going around. One of the attorneys here has walking pneumonia, not that it's contagious or anything, but it sounds serious nonetheless.

Last night I learned that a friend of JV's is being taken off life support today. I don't know facts but heard that there were drugs, not breathing, CPR, and such. You think you are immune but you aren't. My heart aches for him and his family. I know nothing about him, except what I've heard from others. You don't know what people are up to, what they are thinking. Maybe it was just another night with friends and something went terribly wrong, or bad drugs, bad timing, something else I can't imagine. Who knows. Crazy times. I think about people who do drugs recreationally or in fact are addicted, and just one more time, or just another night in a slew of nights that means nothing more, nothing less. And that one time is it. That's all you get. No more. It's scares the shit out of me. I will go on the record and say that I'm scared of drugs - most especially not being in control. Addiction runs in my family. But that's all I have to say about that now.

Have tons of work to do this week. For my second job, I have a Tuesday deadline, and have more work that I can shake a stick at. I'll get it done, I always somehow find a way. Even if it means soliciting help with the payment of sexual favors!

No comments: